Salt (Skip in case of hypertension or fluid retention)
1. Peel and finely dice the onion. Sauté on low heat in a heavy-bottomed frying pan with olive oil and butter. Add the raisins and stir.
2. Add the minced pork and cook over low heat stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Once cooked, set aside.
4. Peel and cut the potatoes into evenly sized smaller pieces. Boil them in a pot with abundant salted wa-ter. Once cooked, strain, let excessive humidity evapo-rate and mash with a spoonful of butter. Season with salt, and pepper. Let it cool. The potato mash shouldn´t feel runny.
5. Grease the palm of your hand with a drop of oil, take a good spoonful of mash and spread the purée across your palm with your fingers. Add a tablespoon of filling in the middle and close your hand, shaping the croquette with the filling inside. Set aside.
6. Roll each of the croquettes lightly in flour, then in egg before coating in breadcrumbs
7. Fry in a saucepan with abundant oil until golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray or plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil