This recipe is especially recommended when, in addition to the side effects or selected symptoms, the texture of the food needs to be adapted due to mucositis, esophagitis or pain or difficulty swallowing.
Tabbouleh (texture modified diet)
Ingredients (serves 1)
60 g precooked couscous
½ spring onion
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp coriander
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash the tomato and cut it into small pieces.
2. Chop the spring onion.
3. Chop the parsley and the coriander.
4. Put the couscous in a wide bowl.
5. Boil water (1:1 ratio water to couscous).
6. Incorporate the boiling water to the couscous making sure it gets fully covered. Stir well, cover with a lid and rest until its fully hydrated.
7. Season the couscous with lemon juice. Mix in to-mato, spring onion, herbs, and a tablespoon of virgin olive oil.
8. Place the dish in a tall container suitable for blending, add some water or stock, and blend until obtaining a smooth texture. Start with a little bit of liquid and keep adding until obtaining the desired texture.
9. Serve with a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice.
In case of dysphagia, strain to obtain a smoother purée.