This recipe is especially recommended when, in addition to the side effects or selected symptoms, the texture of the food needs to be adapted due to mucositis, esophagitis or pain or difficulty swallowing.
Cod and vegetable risotto (texture modified diet)
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 garlic clove
60 g desalted codfish
25 g Parmesan cheese (lactose-free in case of intoler-ance)
25 g butter ((lactose-free in case of intolerance)
50 g rice
100 ml vegetable stock
Salt (restrict in case of hypertension or fluid retention)
1. Sauté the onion and garlic until golden.
2. Add the rest of the peeled and chopped vegetables and fry.
3. Add the rice and stir for one minute.
4. Add one quarter of the vegetable stock, previously heated.
5. Little by little, incorporate the rest of the stock.
6. Cook the rice for about fifteen minutes.
7. Cut the codfish into cubes. Halfway through the cooking of the rice, add the codfish.
8. After fifteen minutes, take off the heat, add the Parmesan cheese and butter and stir until smooth.
9. Put the preparation in a tall container, add water or stock to be able to blend better.
10. Strain after blending, add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
In case of high-output stoma or diarrhea, use lactose-free cheese and butter or skip completely.